EAT & DRINK
SHOPS & SERVICES
SEE & DO
Representing the interests of local businesses
The Grantown Business Association (GBA) is a sub-committee of the Grantown Initiative, the local community development company. It represents the interests of the local business community in PH26 3 postcode area.
- Act as an advocate for the business community with representation at appropriate events / meetings.
- Promote the PH26 3 area for the benefit of businesses.
- Identify priorities for business members, form a plan and act on it.
- Keep businesses up to date via newsletters and social media.
- Create opportunities to help member businesses collaborate with each other.
- Manage the business directory and visitor facing content on www.grantownline.com.
- Hold meetings of business representatives if/when appropriate.
- Develop effective partnerships with other community groups and organisations for the benefit of businesses.
- Set up and maintain a membership scheme for the GBA to include business members from the PH26 3 postcode area and ‘associate members’ from other areas if they fall outwith any other Business Association’s remit.
- Gather, represent and feedback the views of the business community to the Grantown Initiative board.
What We’ve Achieved
- Held Grantown Does Christmas over the first weekend in December every year since 2020.
- Promoted Grantown as a destination by:
- social media through Discover Grantown (@discovergrantown)
- advertising in the Landmark Press ‘Welcome To’ book which is seen by every visitor to the Cairngorms National Park staying in a hotel, B&B or Guest House.
- updating the business directory and visitor facing content on www.grantownline.com
- Kept businesses informed of latest news and support the ‘Grantown Business’ Facebook page and emails.
- Created opportunities for local businesses to collaborate with each other.
- Supported many businesses during the pandemic.
- Represented local businesses at meetings with the Cairngorms National Park Authority, the Cairngorms Business Partnership, Highland Council and business support organisations.
- Responded to consultations on the Cairngorms National Park Authority’s Economic Action Plan, Highland Council’s Proposed Parking Charges and the Scottish Government’s Short Term Let Regulations.
- Responded to criticism of businesses in the press.
- Represented the business community on the steering group of the Here to Help Scheme, a COVID pandemic initiative.
- We are continuing to work with the Grantown Initiative to re-open the Burnfield Toilets which was one of the top priorities for business when we undertook a survey in 2019.
Join the GBA
Join the GBA for only £25 per year. By joining you are supporting a small group of volunteers who are working hard to create a thriving economy.
To join, complete this FORM.
Karen Martin – Chair
Rebecca Macellar – Finance Manager