Founded in 1963, The British Association of Snowsport Instructors (BASI) is a UKcbased membership association responsible for the training and licensing of snowsportcinstructors and coaches. If you have hadca ski lesson in the UK, chances are you were taught by a BASI qualified instructor.
BASI exists for the benefit of its Members and works on their behalf to deliver:
- Training courses and professional qualifications for 5 disciplines (Alpine, Snowboarding, Telemark, Adaptive and Nordic) in instructing and coaching
- Internationally recognised professional snowsports qualifications
- Working opportunities in snowsports instruction in countries throughout the world
- Continuous professional development programmes for Members
- Membership value through a range of Member benefits
Over 300 courses are run annually in both the UK and overseas. The BASI qualification is a modular qualification system starting at Level 1 and moving through to a Level 4 International Snowsports Teaching Diploma (ISTD). All BASI courses are aligned to the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF). This means Members earn academic credits for the BASI qualifications they achieve which are recognised by employers, colleges and universities. All BASI’s qualifications are aligned through the University of Edinburgh.
BASI instructors are one of the UK snowsports industry’s biggest success stories. In 2015, BASI has 6300 Members living and working in 38 countries worldwide. Its qualification pathway is recognised internationally and BASI is a Member of the International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA).
BASI work with contracted Business Partners to promote and sell the BASI qualification system and also manage a Quality Assurance Scheme for Snowsports Schools around the world – The BASI Approved Ski School Scheme.
Find Us On Instagram Too